Fluid conditioning gaskets provide for the most comprehensive range of stainless steel mesh and filter cloth which provide for particulate elimination to protect fill and finish sterile products. Screen construction is 316 Stainless Steel Dutch Twill weave for maximum strength and minimum pressure drop.
Standard Nitrile also known as Buna-N outperforms most other elastomers due to high tensile strength, as well as excellent abrasion, tear, and compression set resistance. Buna-N has excellent resistance to petroleum-based oils and fuels, water and alcohols. Buna-N also has good resistance to acids and bases, except those with a strong oxidizing effect. Avoid highly polar solvents like Acetone, etc and direct exposure to ozone and sunlight. Temperature Range is -55° to 120°C (65° to 248°F).
- Prefiltration for critical membrane filters
- Coalescence of water vapor from process exhaust lines
- Liquid gassing or degassing
- Large particulate removal before fill and finish
- Turbulence generation for enhanced mass or heat transfer
- Protection for pump, check valves and other components
- Particulate removal in sterile filling operations
- Chromatography purification
These gaskets are manufactured to the highest standards in a variety of sizes, materials and styles to suit all your needs. They are certified to Title 21CFR177.1550 & .2600 and USDA & 3A Sanitary Standards. The shelf life of rubber gaskets/O-rings is the period from curing to the date it is put into use in an application. Shelf life is retained as long as it is stored in a 65° to 85° clean, dry warehouse in the original package away from sunlight and electric motors.
- Buna-N - 10 Years
- EPDM - 10 Years
- Silicone - 5 Years
- FKM (Viton®) - 10 Years
- PTFE (Teflon®) - 20 Years